The Church consists of all those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations.
The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper. (Ephesians 1:22-23; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:41-47)
We are members of the Apostolic Faith Mission International and the World Wide Church of God united under one emblem, one logo, with the cross, the crown and the sun and its rays in their symbolic roles.
The Cross - Symbolizing our origin, continued existence and destiny in Jesus Christ
The Sun and its Rays - Symbolizing God’s love and Providence, shining on all of us
The Crown - Symbolizing victory, glory and royalty for the entire body of Christ.
Our emblem stands for Christ’s Lordship, the kingdom of God, the royal priesthood, a peculiar people, a chosen generation inspired to exhibit the highest standard of Christian morals.
To advance the work of God through the proclamation of the Word and will of God as led by the Holy Spirit, whilst upholding the highest standards of Christianity and moral behavior amongst church members.
Apostolic Faith Mission traces its origin to the Pentecostal Revival which started in 1901 at Bethel Bible school in Arkansas, Taxas by Charles Parham. From Bethel Bible school emerged William J. Saymour, a Pastor of a local Black Holiness congregation who was especially intrigued by the doctrine of the Spirit Baptism. Saymour then moved to Los Angels probably in February 1906, and on 14th April 1906, held his first service at Azuza Street. He also launched a paper called "The Apostolic Faith." As the Azuza Street grew, the Mission was organized as the Apostolic Faith Gospel Mission.